Antonio Conte: My message to Chelsea over Diego Costa

ANTONIO CONTE has urged Chelsea not to get side-tracked over Diego Costa’s future.

By CHARLES PERRIN

The Spaniard has been heavily linked with a summer move to the Chinese Super League.

A £620,000-a-week contract offer is still thought to be on the table.

Costa grabbed a double in the 4-2 win over Southampton last night and reached a landmark of 50 Premier League goals in the process.
Despite the ongoing speculation, Conte doesn’t want his side to lose focus as they chase a league and cup double.

“I continue to repeat this concept. It’s important to be focused on the moment because it’s important for all of us,” Conte said.

“I’m reading a lot of speculation about every one of us. It’s right to be focused.
“I’m sure for my players that they are focused about our target.

“I think it’s normal at this part of the season also to have someone that wants to put a problem in your team, to create disorder.

“But we must be stronger than this speculation. We must be compact and to think our target is more important.”

Chelsea’s victory sees them re-establish a seven-point lead over Tottenham at the top of the table

Comments